Netaji files: Govt Releases 25 More Files Related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose

Delhi: The Narendra Modi government on Friday released the third set of related files ironic freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.

A set of 25 files were published at 12:30 pm today by the Minister of Culture of the Union Mahesh Sharma.
Last month, the minister had released 50 declassified files related to the leading web portal www.Netajipapers.Gov.In.

Similarly, as well as hundreds of secret files were released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 119th birth anniversary of Netaji January 23.

Earlier, on April 26, the government had said that two crucial files relating to Netaji would be declassified by Japan this year end, but the country had given security about three of these files in their custody.

Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju had told the Lok Sabha that the five files, which are with Japan, could be ‘key’ to solving the mystery about the fate of Bose.

“Japan has conveyed to us that go to declassify two of the five files later this year but has not made a commitment to the rest of the three files. But we hope that will declassify the remaining three files also” I had said during Question Time, according to PTI.

Rijiju had said that two files relating to Netaji, who were with the Prime Minister’s Office and the Interior Ministry missing and efforts were on to trace were followed.

The minister said that about 150 Netaji files were declassified and were available online, while 25 more files each loading online each month.

In October last year, PM Modi had met the family members of Netaji and had announced that the government declassifies related to the leader whose disappearance 70 years ago remains a mystery files.

While two commissions of inquiry concluded that Netaji had died in a plane crash in Taipei on August 18, 1945, a third panel of the probe, led by Justice MK Mukherjee, he had opposed him and suggested such Aircrash had taken place.

About the Author

Leave A Response